Advice and Rules
For the work to be done in the most efficient and reliable way possible, effective interaction and communication between the cytometry service and the researcher are crucial.
To this end, the Flow Cytometry Service will provide the researcher with important advice for the preparation of samples and standard protocols.
In turn, the researcher should provide the service personnel with as much information as possible on the type of cell to be separated, so that the service operators can choose the most appropriate conditions for separation (nozzle size, flow pressure, sample concentration, etc.).
General Rules of the Service
If you wish to use the cell separation service with the FACSAria IIu cytometer, you must reserve a time slot at least 7 days in advance. To do so, you must fill out the corresponding request form and send it to the email address (email@example.com).
In order to use the FACSCanto cytometer, you must know the general rules for its use and have received instruction on its operation.
In order to use the FACSCanto cytometer, you must have received training from the Flow Cytometry Service. To receive this information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users who are properly trained and certified will have access to the equipment. You must follow the established rules on:
Reservation in advance on the Oracle calendar for the FACSCanto cytometer.
Clean device after use.
Loading new programs without prior consent from the Flow Cytometry Service coordinator is not permitted.
Performing analyses after data acquisition on the service's computers is not permitted. Two licenses for the FACSDiva program have been installed, to be provided to the users by the cytometry service.
Using USB devices and the like for exporting and importing data is not permitted. The data acquired will be exported to the virtual hard drive of the department and temporarily to the virtual hard drive of the Flow Cytometry Service.
Images are only stored temporarily on the computer hard drive and are systematically eliminated twice a year.
• For the work to be carried out in the most efficient and reliable way possible, good communication between the cytometry facility and the researcher is essential.
• To this end, the flow cytometry facility offers researchers some important recommendations on preparing samples, and some standard protocols.
• Researchers should provide the facility's personnel with as much information as possible on the cell type to be separated, so that the facility operators can choose the most appropriate conditions for the separation (nozzle size, flow pressure, sample concentration, etc.).
• If you wish to use the facility for cell separation using the FACSAria IIu cytometer, you must book a time at least 7 days in advance. To do this, you must complete the corresponding request form and send it to the email address email@example.com.
• In order to use the FACSCanto cytometer, you must be familiar with the general usage guidelines and have been instructed on how to use it.
• It is not permitted to upload new programs without the prior consent of the UCF person in charge.
• It is not permitted to perform analyses after acquiring the data on the facility's computers. To this end, two licenses for the FACSDiva program have been made available, which will be provided to the users by the cytometry facility.
• It is not permitted to use USB or similar devices to export or import data. The acquired data will be exported to the department's virtual hard disk and, temporarily, to the virtual hard disk of the SCF.
• The images are stored on the hard disks of the machines temporarily and will be systematically deleted every six months.